Want to make free video calls on WhatsApp? You can call up to 8 of your loved ones by video and simultaneously with the WhatsApp messaging application!
WhatsApp is one of the most popular apps for both iOS and Android users. In addition to sending encrypted messages, you can use it to share photos as well as make calls.
Since November 2016, the app even has a feature for video calls, such as FaceTime, Instagram, or Snapchat.
Recently, Facebook announced that WhatsApp will accommodate up to 8 people in a visual conversation, compared to just 4 previously. This update is welcome, especially in this time of confinement and social distancing.
In the rest of this tutorial, we explain how to make a video call and add contacts to the conversation.
Make free video calls on WhatsApp
There is nothing easier than making a video call on WhatsApp. To do so, simply follow the three steps below:
- Open your WhatsApp application.
- Start a conversation by tapping on your contact’s name.
- Tap the camera icon at the top right of the screen.
Invite contacts to join the video call
Want to set up a group video call? All you have to do is invite other contacts to take part in the conversation, the limit is set at 8 participants.
- Start your voice or video call with a contact as usual.
- Once the conversation has started, at the top right, tap Add participants.
The function of WhatsApp: Status
Besides video calls, WhatsApp offers you the Status feature, it allows you to share photos or videos with your contacts.
Like on Snapchat, you can personalize them with designs, emoticons, and text.
You can limit access to your Status:
- Go to Status.
- Tap on Privacy.
- Choose between the options My contacts, My contacts except and Share only with.