Instagram, a Facebook-owned photo-sharing application for creators in India, has launched a new feature—Live Rooms—to live with up to 3 other users. “India has already been tested early and now India is one of the first countries to develop this feature in a broader manner,” said the firm.
Read more: How to install the iOS 14 beta on Apple iPhone
The ‘Live Rooms’ roll-out has started and will be available soon to all people in India and Indonesia, Instagram stated.
Instagram said Instagram Live views in India have been growing 60 percent week-over-the-week since March and the app is designed to provide creators with a way to increase their reach.
Here are the steps you need to follow in order:
To go live
- Tap the plus sign in the top left-hand corner of your stories tray or click the “Create” plus icon in the top right of the home navigation bar
- Scroll to and tap the Live camera option at the bottom
- Use the menu on the left to add a title if you so choose
- Tap the circular button to go live
To add guests to your live stream
- While you’re already live, tap the Camera/Rooms icon
- Now, you’ll see people that have requested to join your life. You can also search for your guest’s name to send them a request to join your life
- Simply tap on the guest’s handle to add them
Read more: Most Famous AR and VR Technology Trends in 2021
“Creators are at the forefront of promoting Instagram culture and creativity, and we are constantly innovating to help them better express themselves,” said Ajit Mohan, vice president, and managing director at Facebook India. In particular, Live has been used extensively for this year and Live will be an invaluable feature to bring friends, family, and audiences together and to promote meaningful conversations with others as the physical differences persist. India plays a crucial part in how products are designed for the future, from the launch of Reels to the testing and implementation of live rooms.