Are your looking for best PC cleaner software? When you originally acquired your PC or laptop, it most likely operated smoothly and had few issues. However, it is easy for it to become clogged with multiple apps, files, and remnants of installations over time, all of which can drastically degrade performance.
If you’re getting low storage warnings, it’s evident that you need to do something about it, but even if you have plenty of spare capacity, it can have a major impact.
Windows includes several built-in tools to assist you delete unnecessary files and applications, but you’ll get the greatest results by using professional PC cleanup software. There are a lot of applications out there, but the ones we examined below are all reasonably priced and provide a full service.
We utilized a laptop with a nearly full C: drive that had been in use for over three years (80GB in capacity). All of the programs were tested under the same conditions, which were maintained by making a system image before to any testing and restoring it for each new piece of software.
This meant they all had to deal with the same files, registry entries, and settings. We simply put each one in place and left it to see how well it performed.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best PC Cleaner Software
- 1.1 CCleaner Professional
- 1.2 IObit Advanced SystemCare 14 Pro
- 1.3 Ashampoo WinOptimizer 19: Best PC Cleaner Software
- 1.4 AVG TuneUp: Best PC Cleaner Software
- 1.5 Norton Utilities Ultimate
- 1.6 MacPaw CleanMyPC: Best PC Cleaner Software
- 1.7 Restoro
- 1.8 Iolo System Mechanic
- 1.9 Ashampoo WinOptimizer
- 1.10 Easy pc optimizer
Best PC Cleaner Software
- Solid performance
- Plenty of tools
- Medium control of file removal
- Not the best user interface
CCleaner Professional, a stalwart of the PC cleaner world, is still the best option for an all-rounder, starting with a lower price than the other competitors here. Although there is no option for ten machines, Plus works with three, which may be plenty for most individuals.
Despite this, it was able to free up more total space on our test laptop than any other, indicating that performance is excellent. We just want a little more say over what gets eliminated.
The layout is a touch antiquated and takes some getting used to, but it’s functional, and there are plenty of features here to help you do various jobs, including automatic cleaning and scheduling.
IObit Advanced SystemCare 14 Pro
- Clean & stylish interface
- Solid performance
- Wide range of tools
- Limited selection of files to delete
Advanced SystemCare 14 Pro includes a modern user interface, which CCleaner Professional lacks, making it ideal for new and expert users alike.
Performance is excellent, saving up a significant amount of storage and RAM. However, unlike CCleaner, it gives the user more control over which trash files are eliminated.
Additionally, there is a full collection of tools accessible for a variety of different activities you may wish to complete. All of functionality comes at an affordable price, making it an excellent choice for a PC cleaner.
Ashampoo WinOptimizer 19: Best PC Cleaner Software
- Modern interface
- Easy to use
- Packed with tools
- No single license option
- Single scan didn’t find everything
Unlike CCleaner and IObit, WinOptimizer 19 is suitable for users that need best PC cleaning software for a big number of computers. Instead of three or one, there’s just a ten-PC choice.
If this meets your needs, it’s an excellent deal, especially if you don’t want to pay an annual fee like other competitors.
The software features a user-friendly design, and if you’re a beginner, the 1-Click Optimizer will address a lot of problems quickly, and it also provides a number of other options for more tech-savvy customers.
Although it took a number of scans to identify everything that could be cleared out, we found performance to be satisfactory.
Read More: The Future of Software Development in 2022
AVG TuneUp: Best PC Cleaner Software
- Easy to use
- Great performance
- Decent tool selection
- Expensive if purchased direct
AVG TuneUp, like its antivirus software, features a straightforward interface that’s easy to grasp in a short amount of time.
Its primary function is to make your machine faster and cleaner, but it also includes additional features like as automatic maintenance. When it comes to freeing up hard disk space, CCleaner comes in second.
If you wish to use it on a platform other than Windows, such as iOS or Android, it’s a good choice. The primary disadvantage is the hefty price, but if you don’t buy directly from AVG, you can get a better deal.
Norton Utilities Ultimate
- Comprehensive toolset
- Easy to use
- Real-time hardware optimisation
- Poor space freeing performance
If you want the most tools and features, Utilities Ultimate, as the name suggests, is jam-packed with them, making it an excellent choice for the type of user that wants to go deep into technical matters.
The user interface is sleek, and one of the unique features is real-time CPU and memory optimization. There are also a slew of more tools to get your hands on.
It also underperformed when it came to clearing up garbage files and registry issues. You might want to search elsewhere given the high asking price and absence of a single PC option.
MacPaw CleanMyPC: Best PC Cleaner Software
- Simple interface
- Speedy scan
- Limited cleaning
- No registry scanning
CleanMyPC has a straightforward interface that is quick and easy to use, which is a solid start, and we like the choice to pay annually or for a one-time price, which gives you flexibility.
The prices are modest, and the software takes up very little space, making it useful if your hard drive is truly full.
However, performance isn’t up to par with some competitors, with only a little amount of space saved up due to the fact that it couldn’t reach some files to delete and couldn’t erase the registry. Other accessible programs are useful, but you can usually accomplish the same tasks with Windows.
It should be noted that CleanMyPC is no longer being developed. You can still buy and use it, but only major issue patches will be provided, and support will be limited to Windows 11.
Read More: 4 Best Software to Download YouTube Videos
Restoro is a software that makes it simple to wipe your registry. This program can prevent your computer from freezing and crashing. It can swiftly and safely safeguard and repair your computer to its optimal form.
- Error messages can be fixed by Restoro.
- It permits you to heal the virus’s damage.
- At any time, it is possible to get a PC repaired.
- This program may restore and rebuild the Windows operating system.
- It has the ability to restore and replace DLL files.
- Detects potentially harmful websites.
- Free up valuable disk space.
- It can detect potentially harmful apps before they cause damage to your computer.
Iolo System Mechanic
Iolo System Mechanic provides a tailored report that includes a list of problems and recommended fixes. This program boosts your PC’s boot time, Internet download speed, CPU performance, driver performance, and RAM.
- It boosts the CPU, hard drive, and RAM speeds automatically.
- Finds an undesirable launch program that causes your computer to slow down.
- It detects and fixes over 30,000 different issues.
- Improves the speed of page loads and downloads by optimizing hidden Internet settings.
- Wipes your browsing history safely and fixes security flaws in Windows that could harm your computer.
- Frees up disk space by removing over 50 different trash files.
Ashampoo® WinOptimizer is a simple program for optimizing and cleaning your computer system. You can use this application to combine disk space with Defrag. It has the ability to examine your hard drive and other installed devices.
- It has a dashboard that allows you to access features quickly.
- The Microsoft Edge Chromium browser is supported by the program.
- It employs an algorithm that cleans trash files in real time.
- Ashampoo offers comprehensive analysis logs.
- The browser extension management has been improved.
Easy pc optimizer
Easy pc optimizer makes your computer run faster, more responsively, and without errors. In just a few clicks, it boosts your system’s performance. This application adjusts Windows settings to match your hardware using a computer optimization technique.
- This software accelerates even the slowest PC in a matter of minutes.
- It is a program that corrects Windows faults.
- You can adjust hidden windows settings with Easy PC Optimizer.
- Before changing any settings, the utility creates a backup of the registry.
- It optimizes startup and cleans up trash files.