It is possible to make money through podcasting but only if your podcast is treated in the same way as your business. Some common ways of monetizing your podcast are here.
You have an incredible idea for a podcast and you want to figure out if it is worth the money. You can, but only when your podcast is treated as a company.
Your podcast can earn money by leveraging brands, affiliate revenue, placement of sponsors, and even ecommerce.
TechKnowable shares some common and unusual ways to monetize your podcast in this article.
Common methods of monetizing podcasts
- Sponsors at the title or brand or episode level. sponsorship. Connect to your podcast and your public with meaningful brands
- The ad reads that read ads and support brands during episodes
- Membership sales, typically through a web link with a unique ID Code, earn a commission on your sales. On the podcast, it could sound like “visit XYZ.com and enter ‘startup story’ for a redemption” code, which is probably more than that which is remembered by the listener. Use your newsletter or social information for affiliate links instead
- Speak commitments, as you become an expert on your field with your podcast
Less common methods of monetizing podcasts
- Events or meetings that use your podcast for paid participation
- The sale of goods or services that would be valuable to your audience
- E-commerce, selling items or services that are not specific to your brand, but that would resonate with your audience
- Brand partnerships to give paying companies to access to their podcast and their audience