Finally, Facebook released its new community chat app called Messenger Rooms to take on Zoom, Skype, and other video conference services.
Messenger Rooms is now live for platforms such as Mobile, Android, and iOS. It helps you to speak with up to 50 people at the same time. Participants do not require to chat with a Facebook account.
So follow our step-by-step guide if you’re looking to create a Messenger Room with your friends and family and spend some nice talking time with them.
- The latest version of the Messenger app
- Working internet connection
- Facebook login credentials
How to create a Room on Messenger Rooms
1. Open Facebook Messenger app on your smartphone
2. Now, tap on People tab at the bottom-right side of the screen
3. Here, tap on Create a Room
4. To add people who don’t have a Facebook account, you can share the invitation link with them.
You can add up to 50 people in a single room.
How to join a room using the link shared by the host
Users do not need to download the Messenger app, or any other apps, according to Facebook. They can simply use the shared link to join through phone or PC via Messenger web.