As on your iPhone, your Apple Watch can accommodate many applications, more or less useful. From time to time, it seems essential to sort out our high-tech devices. Indeed, removing apps that are not being used allows in particular to optimize performance.
Recently, Apple has given the possibility of eliminating native applications on your Apple Watch, such as Activity and Exercise.
As for the rest, watchOS apps are extensions of those downloaded to your iOS. So, to delete them permanently, the most effective method is to do it directly from your iPhone.
We give you two methods to uninstall an app on your Apple smart watch.
Related: OnePlus Watch a cheap waterproof smartwatch
Remove a watchOS app through your Apple Watch
To make room on your Apple Watch, we recommend that you throw away any apps you don’t use. To do this, follow the 3 steps below:
- Find the app you want to remove, then press and hold its icon until it starts to move.
- In the upper right corner, touch the cross .
- An alert appears, to confirm tap Remove application.
Related: How to control your Mac with your Apple Watch?
Delete a watchOS app through your iPhone
For an even more complete process, you will need to delete the app on your iOS. For it:
- Go to the Apple Watch app on your iPhone
- At the bottom of the My watch tab , find all your available applications
- In the menu of each app, go to the ones you want to remove from your Apple Watch
- Turn off Show on Apple Watch