Facebook recently introduced the Messenger Rooms app, which allows users to make video calls in one single call with up to 50 people. The social media giant later added the feature to Instagram as well, and now WhatsApp on Ios has also recently begun receiving the Rooms feature.
WhatsApp ‘s new Rooms integration allows users to host or join a WhatsApp Room right away. Here’s how to get it started.
Also note that the video call feature is not encrypted end-to-end, as occurs in video calls from the WhatsApp group.
Table of Contents
- The latest version of WhatsApp
- Working internet connection
- The latest version of Facebook Messenger app
- Facebook login credentials for the Messenger app
Steps to create Rooms in WhatsApp
1. Open WhatsApp and head to Calls tab from the top
2. Then tap on Create a room option
3. Now, tap on Continue in Messenger option.
It will then redirect you to the Messenger app or Messenger website in the mobile browser as the Rooms feature takes place outside of WhatsApp.
4. Tap on Try it, when prompted
5. Now, again tap on Create Room as and enter the Room name
6. You can also tap on Room activity to customize the purpose of your room
7. After this, tap on Send Link on WhatsApp
This will reopen WhatsApp
8. Here, you need to search and add contacts or group chats with whom you want to share the Room link and tap on the arrow button to share the link.
Steps to join Rooms created using WhatsApp
1. Open WhatsApp and head to the chat window where you’ve received the Rooms link
2. Tap on the link
3. It will then prompt with Messenger app and Messenger website options, choose either of the options you want to use to join the video conferencing.